Tuesday, March 9, 2010

In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth

What is that I hear? You want some more journal entries?. Your wish is my command dear reader. I don't really feel like making myself remember what happened in the last couple of days so I'm gonna talk about today.

Today I was thinking about riding my bike to class but I didn't because I decided to stay on campus pretty much all day instead of coming back and forth. I had class today at 12:25 and then my senior recital hearing at 7:30. The plan was to do homework in between but that didn't really happen. I walked past the baseball stadium and saw that they were gearing up for a game. Needless to say, I felt it was necessary to watch the game and do homework. So after a quick trip to the clab and sonic me and Jake find ourselves going to the baseball game. Turns out some friends were already there. So as already revealed this all lead to me not doing any school work. I don't really regret it though. It was so nice outside today. Spring has definitely been rearing its head. The past couple of weeks I didn't think spring would ever be a possibility. But yeah, baseball + nice weather + good friends = me not doing any school work.

So after watching all of the baseball game I went to the clab and got the stuff done that I needed to get done. Then off to the recital hearing. I think it went pretty well. The bummer was the timing of it all. Tuesday night is generally when we have Samson Society. We pushed it back which I thought would work but our professors kept us for an hour (no exaggeration) after our recital to talk about how we did. We passed but I would much rather have received an e-mail about the things we messed up on than spending an hour talking about ever little mistake when I could be doing things much more important.

This leads me to a pet peeve of mine. Well, I don't know if pet peeve is really the right word its something that definitely gets on my nerves. I hate being stuck doing pointless mind numbing things when I have much more productive things that I should be doing. I only really learned about this situation when I'm at Liberty. A lot of it has to do with Samson Society too. Tonight is a good example but there have been many times where I have had to fulfill some other duty instead of doing Samson. Sophomore year we had Samson on Tuesday nights also. The problem is I lived on campus at the time. So many times instead of being able to continue a great conversation or just simply enjoy some much needed chill time with some great dudes I had to go to hall meeting. The more I think about it, Liberty kids are the best at diligently doing a bunch of things that don't matter. I guess this is a good frustration. I need to be frustrated in these situations. It helps me realize what I really desire. Well, that's not really an exhaustive description of what happened today but I'm tired. Peace.

P.S. My soundtrack for this blog has been...



EAVB_XSUNXKZKSB

1 comment:

  1. When I read this, I thought the title might be referring to C.S. Lewis's book "Out of the Silent Planet." I bet that's where Coheed and Cambria sniped their CD title from...you should check it out if you haven't already!

    ReplyDelete